The SCORA racing season starts in May and ends in September
The SCORA races are as follows:
- Crystal Pier, Pacific Beach CA, May 7, 2022
- Rig Run, Santa Barbara CA, May 21, 2022
- Kahanamoku Klassic, Marina Del Rey CA, June 4, 2022
- Ventura Outrigger Challenge, Ventura Harbor, CA, June 11, 2022
- Kahakai Outrigger Challenge, Long Beach CA, June 18, 2022
- Outrigger Iron Champs, Mission Bay CA, June 25, 2022
- Whitey Harrison 9 man, Doheny State Beach CA, Aug. 13 2022
- Paopao 9 man, Oceanside CA, Aug. 27, 2022
- Catalina Channel Crossing 9 man, US Outrigger Championships, Newport Dunes & Avalon CA, Sept. 10, 2022
We typically send a team to race at the Queen Lili Race in Kona Hawaii on the first weekend of September.
We also have several teams that enter Another Dam Race in Parker Az. during the first week of November.
Kanaka starts practicing for races in February with those members that want to race.
Members that do not wish to race are placed in conditioning crews. If we have sufficient paddlers to make a conditioning crew they will go out for a conditioning workout separate from the race crews. This workout is typically shorter with fewer drills and not as rigorous as race workouts.